Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Messes, they never end...

i wish...

SO, after re-reading my self pity of a post from the other day, i became slightly motivated to clean my house. okay, that's a lie. i thought my post was pretty funny. i just was having my home teacher come over tonight, so there was no way i was about to have this poor man enter into a toxic waste dump. so my slight motivated self got to work cleaning and tidying the house. it wasn't too bad. i ignored my children (like i usually do) and blogged in my head. by lunch time the house was wonderfully clean. so do you think i feel better? do you think i'm happy now? uh, no. want to know why? here's why...
i spent approximately 4 hours cleaning my humble abode.
it took 1 hour 38 minutes for my kids to mess it up. not to mention dinner, i swear that floor was clean enough to eat off of, and now my children can since most of their food is now there.
i swear, i'm staying calm. i really am. i'm so calm you would never know that i have been in therapy MULTIPLE times for obsessive cleaning. i now deal with messes by living in a wonderful place called denial just like the rest of the normal human race. why couldn't my children inherit something useful from me like a obsessive/ compulsive disorder? now that is something i would truly be proud of.
"wow, your children are so clean!" i dream of people saying to me. and i could reply ecstatically "they get that from me!"
on a side note, if i could find a way to feed my children outside (even in rain, snow, extreme heat etc.) without child services finding it abusive i would!
oh, well. i must go, i need to travel back to vacation land denial. tonight i think it might take me a lot longer to get there then usual. wish me luck.

AMEN!