Monday, January 5, 2009

Sad Sunday

SO, sunday night was such a sad, sad night. i was making cinnamon raisin bread, using the the mason cash bowl i always use. i had finished needing the dough, had washed out the bowl and was drying it when it slipped out of my hands and crashed into a million pieces on the floor. a tear leaks out of my eye just thinking about it. i LOVED this bowl. it was bought after much seeking for in england. i was so happy when i finally purchased it and have used it for every type of cooking and baking imaginable. sigh. so sad. i cleaned up the mess and tenderly placed the broken pieces in the trash. "it's only a bowl" i kept saying to myself. but, it's not really. it's all the lovely memories of my old home in england, of all the wonderful meals, snacks and sweets i've made for my family and friends. i will miss that bowl and the helpful vessel it was. i am now off to bid on a smiliar one from ebay with the gift card my brother-in-law gave us for christmas. cheers to you stuart! let's hope that i get it!