Wednesday, January 14, 2009

so bad, but OHHHH so good!






hi my name is jane and i am an addict....





SO,what is my
addiction? it is to toast. NOT BREAD, toast. this addiction has become so bad, that if i allow myself to give in i can eat a loaf of bread in a day, maybe quicker if i wasn't doing anything else. it's horrible. i can't stop. i must have it, i need it, i CRAVE it!
i make bread
A LOT. probably once a week for the family. i'll make wheat, white, cinnamon raisin, orange cranberry, and on and on. but is that the bread i crave? the yummy goodness that comes straight out of the oven all warm and perfect? while i do indulge to make sure the bread is good, it's not my drug of choice. no, mine has got to be Rudi's organic spelt bread and nothing else. you see, for a long time my tummy would fight with me over alot of different foods. there, for a time was not much i could eat, less my tummy would scream at me "what are you doing to me?" and pain would usually ensue. so, my love of toast was put on the back burner for a number of years. now, while i was in my search for nourishing foods my body would like, i found spelt flour was one of the easiest on the body to digest next to rice. so, in hast i went out in search for it, and i found it in the form of the above mentioned bread. i drove home, grabbed it out of the bag and put two slices in the toaster and waited anxiously while i thought how incredible it would be to have toast again. i ate every morsel with pure happiness. and a day later, no upset tummy! so, for this wonderful moment... my addiction started. for the past 3 years, i need to have this bread at LEAST two times a day (2 slices each). it's terrible. the expense of getting it alone is a problem. i thought i could just replicate it and make it at home, but that hasn't worked yet. it's just not the same. oh, who am i kidding, this is one addiction i don't think i can quite. do i really want to? er, no. not really. but, i feel like it is kind of taking over my brain, calling to me. you know what i mean? oh, wait... what was that? yes, i'm coming... my um, child is, um calling for me to help her... uh, yeah. okay, gotta go.... (toaster clicking).