Thursday, February 26, 2009

happy birthday to my little man...

dear boy, i can't believe you are one! how much you have grown.
just take a look!


wesley 2 days old


i am so eternally grateful that wesley has made this important milestone! after having a horrible birth, i can only be relieved at how loving and happy he is.

3 days old

wesley was born at 6:59pm at a mere 32 weeks and one day, pulled bum first from his mommy's belly (who was unconscious and he wouldn't see again for 48 hours) and put into a world of breathing machines, needles and tubes. what a scary way to enter this world after having been with the angles in heaven. i awoke without a baby in my arms and in the most excruciating pain i hope to never have to endure again. i just prayed that my little man would breathe and breathe and breathe until i could see him.

my first time holding wesley

and he did. he fought with all his 4 pounds and when i finally was able to walk through those NICU doors (that were unfortunately familiar from his older sister's journey through that serial, unearthly and heart wrenching place) my heart had hope at how strong his spirit was in that fragile little body. i could feel the angels holding him for me and i cried while i took his tiny hand with my fingers and waited until i would be able to hold him, nurse him, to just see him without tubes, IV's and breathing machines.


two weeks old

what an incredible little boy i have. he has made it through a whole year without any serious repercussion's from those 3 weeks he spent in the hospital. he has grown in leaps and bounds and made it out a stronger boy. how i love my baby and his sweet spirit he brings to our family. i thank my heavenly father for entrusting such a boy in my care.


my favorite picture with wesley, shortly after he arrived home

happy birthday wesley, i love you so much. more than you can know. i am so happy to have you in my life!