Friday, February 6, 2009

my apologies


SO, i'm sorry. i truly am. my posts lately have been borderline neurotic. about cleaning any way. and i'm sure most of you (i still can't believe there are some of you) are rolling your eyes and thinking...
1. you need to be committed (that's okay, most of the time so do i)
2. geesh, you're getting annoying (that's fine, i too find myself annoying)
or
3. you might say (with eye rolling) "get over it already!"

and you're right. i should just get over it. but you under-estimate the seriousness of my obsession of cleaning. i used to clean my home into the early morning hours when i first got married. i just couldn't go to bed unless my house was "sanitized". and lately my obsession has been creeping in and my land of denial has been fading away. this happens on occasion. and it usually happens when i find the conundrum of my life starting to aggravate me. and i suspect the winter weather dragging on and on might have something to do with it.
so, in response to my annoying posts, i will cut them down, shred them up and put them away. unless a random or funny event occurs WHILE in the mist of cleaning or a mess, well those i must use.
today, i will give my children hugs and kisses. i will tell them i love them. i will ask them to help to keep the house clean (knowing full well they will ignore this). i will help them clean up the mess they made this morning, and have a happy night in their presence. i will enjoy my time with them and worry about the mess when they are asleep, for life is too short with them to dwell on such things as messes...