Sunday, June 7, 2009

happy birthday to my oldest...

SO, elise turns 8 today. i don't feel old enough to have an 8 year old. she's getting baptized as well, and i had a wonderful chat with her about the importance of this event. this sweet little spirit looked at me with nervous eyes and said,"i don't know if i can be good all the time. what happens if God won't forgive me? i've never said i'm sorry in a prayer before. i don't know how i can do it." my reply was simple. God will always love her, and more important he'd be proud of her for asking for forgivness. and that i will always be there to help her when she prays. especially for the hard ones. i did a survey on facebook a while back about first borns, i'm going to re-post it here since it says everything i want to say about my lovely, beautiful little girl...

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
No.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Shocked. Horrified. I didn't know how I got pregnant since doctors from the age of 17yrs. told me I couldn't have babies. Even the doctors were shocked. I was all alone because the mister was in training so I didn't have anyone to talk to. I basically was in a fetal position on my bedroom floor all day and night crying when I found out.

WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
NO!!!!! I have always truly believed that at any stage of pregnancy results in a baby. my religion doesn't have anything to do with it. it's just logical sense. if the end result is a baby, how in the beginning of pregnancy NOT be a baby?

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I was 22 years old.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
My chest really started to hurt and my boobies looked different. I freaked out thinking I might have cancer. But then I thought I could be pregnant. I peed on a stick and it came back positive. So, I did it again. I peed on 8 sticks before I finally excepted the answer. But, when I told the doctor I was pregnant, she laughed at me and told me it was impossible. So, I had to pee again for her to believe me.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
I told my mom while crying uncontrollably. Then I had to wait an excruciating two weeks for a call from the mister before I could finally tell him.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes but I already knew it was a girl. I knew all the sexes of my kids before the doctors told me.

9. DUE DATE?
August 18, 2001

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Kind of. I never threw up but certain smells made me gag really bad. I couldn't walk into grocery stores with rotisserie chickens because the smell of roasted chickens made me want to DIE!

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
This is really gross. I wanted really cold milk, fruit, tabasco sauce and raw meat. Not all at the same time. But, I never drank milk or ate meat before I was pregnant and it was all I wanted. Plus, everything had to be HOT HOT HOT. I would put tabasco sauce in EVERYTHING. Milkshakes, cereal, meats, bread you name it, it was in it. I would carry a bottle of the stuff around in my bag to make sure I could put it on my food. I refuse to have tabasco sauce now.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
I was living all by myself and not hanging out with anyone so no one irritated me. but, you should ask me about when i was pregnant with my other two kids....

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Girl. I told you I already knew it was a girl.

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No. I don't think I would have dealt well with a boy as my first child.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
30 pounds, that I miraculously lost in just two weeks after giving birth. sigh, those were the days!

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes, my best friend through me a baby shower. Her mom threw a baby shower for my mom when she was pregnant with me so it was cool for her to do it for me...

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Yes. I was hospitalized many times for weeks and then they ended up inducing me because she wasn't growing right. That basically was what happened for ALL my pregnancies.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
not where i live now...

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
5 from the time they gave me the inducing drug to the time I was falling asleep in my bed. My doctor said that was the fastest induction she has ever seen. Luckily all my pregnancies have had very fast labors.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
I drove myself.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
My mom. the mister was still in training. He missed everything. The pregnancy, birth the whole thing. He showed up the next day after she was born.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Natural.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yes. God gave us drugs for a reason.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
5lbs 8oz. much bigger than they thought she would be.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
June 07,2001


elise completely changed my life and she showed me how to be a mom. She taught me that this is what I am supposed to do in my life and she blazed the trail for her sister and brother. She is so amazing and spiritual and thought provoking for her young years. She truly saved me and gave me the strength to grow in my life as a mother I never thought I would be.