Wednesday, January 20, 2010

everything you ever need to know you can learn from the brady's...

SO, my kids are sick. really sick. they ALL have strep and michelle also has pink eye and an ear infection. FANTASTIC! since i'm not leaving the house, i've been doing lots and lots of baking. what else am i going to do to avoid my plague children? well, i remembered that when i was sick it was one of the few times my mom would let me just sit and watch t.v. my favorite was always the brady bunch. i grew up just adoring them. in high school i had all their albums, a couple t-shirts and knew the most important quotes that would help me survive in this God-forsaken world. seriously. i love.
SO, when i came across {this post} a while back, i laughed out loud and thought how have i not been having my kids watch the brady bunch? all you need to know is in every episode so that would eliminate me actually having to teach my kids things. (i'm only slightly kidding on that) i took lydia's advice and started to record all the episodes that came on TVland and what are we watching today? why every recorded episode of the brady bunch of course. they're sick remember? what else are they going to do. and they love it! finally! something we can all enjoy together without me going absolutely mad. SWEET!