Friday, June 12, 2009

elise's birthday festivities

SO, elise had an eventful birthday this year. as my previous post of her birthday suggested, she was baptized this last weekend. i really wanted it to be special and memorable for her to remember this time in her life. we took her to get her first set of scriptures and she wanted to spend the saturday before the big day with her two grandma's and me at the mall and dinner at red lobster. sunday was a beautiful day with church, elise's favorite meal of swedish meatballs and an awesome cake that my mom decorated for me. (she's cool like that)

the family

elise was able to wear the very same dress that i wore when i was baptized. my mom had made it for me and saved it for this very occasion. the program went well, more people than i ever expected showed up and the room was full. i know it's because of elise because the mister and i certainly don't have THAT MANY friends. i'm so proud of my daughter for her desire to become a member of this church, and i'm so grateful to all the people who came to support her. to you, i thank you.