Thursday, December 27, 2012

first dance....

SO, before the winter break my daughter went to her first school dance.  we did her hair, put on some make-up and put on one of her favorite dresses.  i let her wear some of my jewelry, took pictures and then i dropped her off at the gym.  to me she looked beautiful and it made me wish that i was that cute when i went to my first dance.  alas, i was over weight and awkward.  made for a very long night of hanging out by myself.  

anyway, these milestones in my children's lives create such anxiety for me. growing up for me was hard.  i mean HARD.  and i don't want my kids to have to face those heartaches i did.  i worry that they will be teased, or a boy will say no to them when they wish to dance. i worry that they won't think they are good enough and i worry that they will feel like i did.  i know these are things every person must go through, but i just hope for a happy adolescence for my kids.

i picked up my daughter from the dance with no sign of distress or sadness.  she seemed happy to go albeit not to impressed by what is called a "school dance".  my daughter is much different then me.  although she can be timid, she has a lot of friends (both boys and girls) and seems to not care much about what people think of her.  she is quick to offer ideas and is an entrepreneur. which impresses me and am grateful for.


 it's hard the think i not only have the rest of her milestones but two more kids milestones as well.  sigh.  panic attacks here i come....